Wednesday, June 10, 2009

NPCC Road Safety Test

On Thursday, June 4th, I had my NPCC Road Safey Test. This test was quite important because if I failed it, I will not qualify for the test which allows me to advance to the next rank. Again, like the Bronze Badge Proficiency Test, it was not too hard and I have a fair bit of confidence that I would be able to pass it.

Anyway, on Thursday, I assembled at Salt Centre in my NPCC uniform and a bus brought the NPCC squad to the NPCC Road Safety Park. The trip took only about half an hour and there, we were brought to lecture hall, where we would be having our Road Safety lecture and test. I learned stuff like the types of signs you see on the roads were divided into three categories: warning, informative and prohibitory. There are a few other categories, but we were only taught three.

After the lecture, we had the test. Here is a question which was in the test:

1. Name the purpose of this sign:
Well, it's obvious that this is a "No Entry" sign, hence its purpose is to prevent the entry of all vehicles into a certain area.

The setters of the test did not state the passing score, but it should be around 5/10.

Image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4b/Japanese_Road_sign_(No_Entry_for_Vehicles).svg/470px-Japanese_Road_sign_(No_Entry_for_Vehicles).svg.png

No comments:

Post a Comment