Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tripod '09 CIP

Last Saturday (June 6th), I took part in a CIP event (newspaper collection again) organised by Tripod 2009. Most of the students at the CIP activity were from Bukit View Sec., New Town Sec. and Crescent Girls' Sec.

I arrived at blk. 102 in Jurong East at about 8.00 a.m. and soon I was assigned to a group. It was not much fun as I knew none of my group members and they were talking about things which I was not really interested in.

The newspaper collection began and I discovered that they did not really have an efficient way of collecting the newspapers. Each block had 25 stories, and after each group was done with a level, they were supposed to leave the newspapers at the lift lobby and call up the two people waiting at the ground floor. They would then inform Friedrick (some guy from BtVSS) and I, who would have to rush up to that level and bring the papers down. Two was really not enough to cope with the 'summons' and plus, the organisers neglected the fact that the lifts did not stop at every floor and took moved up and down slowly. I had to rush up an down the block to collect the newspapers. I made a few suggestions but they insisted on going with the plan. In the end, we took much more time than we should have.

This newpaper collection was not as fun as the one at Taman Jurong, and I had less CIP hours in this one. 3 1/2 CIP hours is not too bad, so I guess I should be satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment